Facebook Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Classroom

I have a new classroom this year- I'm changing campuses to be closer to home and my own kiddos. Woohoo!

Check out my blank slate
----->


I'm going to be covering a lot of my surfaces with black contact paper... Like these groovy cabinets! They are also going to be moved to the back wall of my classroom. I don't like that location.



Other projects include making another white board (yes, I said MAKING. Did you know that you can make a white board using shower board?!?!), and creating a rack for backpacks and jackets. OK, I'm lying... I'm not making them, my wonderful husband is / will be! ;)

I'll be decorating with a mix of colors. BRIGHT colors. I just bought this set from Hope King...



And this awesomeness from the Target Dollar Bin.


I'm adding in a few monsters this year, because they're SO DANG CUTE. So I have these pillows I stole from my boys (they aren't used anymore anyway... lol) and ordered these decals from Amazon.


The pillows will be added to my rug area (this pic is from my old classroom, but I have the same rugs and pillows). 

I'm also working on creating a color-block border to line the tops of my walls... Still milling it over in my head though, so nothing is final yet. 

And here's some pics of things I've created for my classroom thus far... 

Stay tuned! Fingers crossed this all comes together! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors and the monsters. Your room will look great when you are finished. I'm a new follower.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neon magnetic dry erasers. My kids LOVE those!

    Mary Kate
    Windy City Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rug! Everything looks great so far!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright colors and the monsters. Your room will look great when you are finished. I'm a new follower.
    wholesale yellow t shirts
    wholesale blank t shirts free shipping

    ReplyDelete