Happy Teacher Week! I'm joining Blog Hoppin's Linky Party and sharing ten fun things about me.
1) I have two AMAZING boys who rock my world. One is going into 8th grade and the other 5th. I had my children VERY young - in fact I was still in high school when I had my first. My boys changed my life for the better- I am who I am today because of them!
2) I have ELEVEN tattoos. My favorites include a cupcake on my finger (see #9), a bible verse (written in Greek) on my wrist (Matthew 6:34 - LOOK IT UP!), my boy's initials on my shoulder blades and my wedding bouquet on my left arm.
3) I was born on Halloween. ROCKIN' RIGHT?! I absolutely love that holiday and I LOVE to dress up!
4) My love for dressing up does not stop at Halloween though - it flows over to Christmas and other events, like my sister's Jersey Shore birthday!
5) The sweet man in the above Jersey Shore pic - maroon bandana - passed away on May 31st. Robert Garner was a Houston firefighter, and lost his life in a horrible call. He is missed by SO MANY! I am a better person because I knew him!!
6) I have two dogs and two cats. We used to have a monkey, too. I kid you not. Her name is Matilda and she now lives in a sanctuary in San Antonio, TX. She now has monkey friends! Yay!
7) If I was stranded on an abandoned island, I could live off of broccoli cheese soup and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. All food groups are there - veggies, dairy, protein and fruit.
8) I am 100% addicted to any and all Real Housewives of _____. I know, it's trash TV. But I. Don't. Care.
9) During college and student teaching, I baked on the side. Check out my goodies on my Facebook page - KJ's Bakeshop!
10) I could not live without my Swiffer Sweeper Vac. Like I said above, I have two dogs and two cats. This means uber amounts of animal hair on my beautiful wood floors. My hubby told me the other day that I can handle crazy amounts of stress, but not a non-charging Sweeper Vac... It's true. I even Swiffer during parties!!
Monday, August 12, 2013
Friday, August 9, 2013
I have two beautiful cabinets in my new classroom- One is bright orange and the other is wood laminate... I'm kidding when I say they're beautiful. I decided they needed to be covered IMMEDIATELY. So I bought black contact paper (which doubles as a chalk board!!!) and covered those puppies. Add my ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE BORDER IN THE WHOLE WORLD and you get......