Facebook Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

VERY late Monday Made It

I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics yet again for Monday Made It.... Except it's WEDNESDAY!



Why didn't I link up on Monday? Well, I was totally zoned out in bed because my back gave out on Sunday... Here's the deal folks: I am a mere 29 years old (30 on Halloween), not in the best shape but not in horrible shape, and this is the THIRD time my back has gave out on me in the last 12 months... Ridiculous, right?! My Sunday night and early Monday morning were spent crying in the ER begging for answers as to why this keeps happening... I literally COULD NOT MOVE. My sweet husband had to help me sit/stand/walk/etc... It was awful. The very nice ER doctors told me I need to strengthen & stretch my core, wear better shoes, gave me pain meds & muscle relaxers and sent me home. I am finally feeling better today, and hope by tomorrow I'll be able to venture out into the real world. I'm definitely counting my blessings this happened the week BEFORE I had to go back to work... And I truly think God was telling me I actually needed to REST at some point this summer instead of going, going, going.

Anyway, three days of bed rest later, I'm finally uploading my Monday Made It.  :)

I wanted to give a cute and CHEAP little welcome back to school gift to my kiddos... Last year I spent soooooo muuuuuuuuch mooooooooney on my sweet little class, and most of the time I'd find my gifts (like Christmas books from Scholastic) stuffed in their desks when we cleaned them out in MAY.  NOT doing that this year...

On Pinterest, I found these adorable little guys:
Which inspired me to make THESE: 

Super cheap and easy to make. All you need is a box or two of Lucky Charms, snack baggies and a printer, because I've uploaded some free ones for you HERE! I know not everyone teaches 4th grade, so the freebies say "Welcome Back to School!" There are 4 different and adorable monsters on them, all created by clip-art genius, KPM Doodles!

ENJOY! 

4 comments:

  1. I have totally been there! The first time I threw my back out was in high school playing volleyball and I WAS in good shape! Then it happened several times in college. My husband has literally picked up off the bathroom floor while I cried because I couldn't move. It's horrible! I'm so glad you are feeling better. If there is anything I have learned, it is walk as much as you can after it happens. It doesn't feel good but any time I have forced myself to move and stretch those muscles, I always feel better much faster. Sitting feels good, but it just lets those muscles lock in to place more...no good. I'm not sure why I haven't thrown it out recently. I just keep thanking my lucky stars. I've never been able to figure out what I do exactly that sends me over the edge. Good luck with the healing process. Your back to school treats are super cute! :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief
    Fiction Friday: A Celebration of Children’s Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your back! Get well soon!!

    Hooty
    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete