Here's how it works:
- Student groups (2-3) get assigned an animal
- Groups brainstorm what their animal needs to live and be happy in a zoo enclosure
- Groups design an enclosure using grid paper
- Groups solve for the area and perimeter of their enclosure
- Once calculations have been checked by the teacher, they can design & color!!
Here's what the finished project can look like (keep in mind I have two classes - so our zoo is BIG)!
Here's what's included in the pack:
- 8.5 x 11 poster for AREA
- 8.5 x 11 poster for PERIMETER
- 10 animal templates
- Extension options
- Teacher Instruction Page
So you totally want the pack, right? Well, enter to win it FREE!!!
My Carolina Classroom is hosting a fantastic blogiversary giveaway!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway